Clear Adult Braces
Clear adult braces are a form of orthodontic treatment that works to correct many different types of malocclusions through the use of a series of clear plastic trays called aligners. In many cases it provides an excellent treatment alternative to having traditional orthodontic braces and metal wires.
Clear adult braces utilize 3-D computer imaging technology to correct problematic bites or malocclusions by planning a complete sequence of custom-made clear aligners. This series of clear aligners, each of which is worn for a couple of weeks, incrementally move the teeth into place until the final desired corrections are reached.
The advantage and appeal of invisalign appliances is that they are more cosmetic and more comfortable than most other orthodontic appliances. With clear adult braces orthodontic treatment is practically “invisible.”
- When someone wants to improve their smile with straighter teeth and a more aligned bite, clear aligners can be an excellent treatment option. They can achieve proper alignment while also being minimally visible when being worn.
- Clear aligner technology provides treatment via a series of custom fitted, clear plastic alignment trays that are worn over the teeth.
- To begin the process, your doctor takes an impression- or mold- of your teeth and sends it to a lab for fabrication.
- The dental laboratory then generates a set of progressive trays that slowly move your teeth into the correct position over time.
- A new tray is swapped in at regular intervals until the desired alignment is reached.
Once treatment is completed, your teeth will be in improved alignment and your smile improved. However, it is important to note that some alignment issues cannot be corrected with this technology; you should consult with your dentist or orthodontist to ensure that this treatment is appropriate for your situation.