Teeth that have been stained or darkened by food, tobacco use, age, medications or injury can be lightened and brightened by means of a non-invasive process known as teeth whitening.
Teeth whitening or bleaching simply refers to any process that will make the teeth appear whiter. While there are many over the counter options for teeth whitening, the most effective and safest teeth whitening systems are the professional strength ones available at the dentist’s office. A dental professional whitening system offers a higher concentration of whitening components and delivers them to the teeth in the most efficient manner to achieve optimal results.
At our office we offer two exceptional options for tooth whitening. You can choose either an in-office tooth whitening procedure or a professional take home system. Both of these are top-of the-line systems. However, the biggest advantage of the in-office procedure is that in as little as one hour you can achieve a smile that is several shades whiter and brighter than the original color of your teeth.
Our professional strength take home system also produces excellent results. However, this is achieved by way of a more gradual process. Our take home kit may be prescribed alone, or after an in-office treatment to perfect or maintain the in-office result.
- If you are unhappy with the color of your teeth, whitening can be used to brighten up your smile.
- In a short period of time, you will notice whiter teeth and a more attractive smile.
- First, a mold is taken of your teeth.
- The mold is used to make a custom tray to hold the whitening gel against your teeth. These trays are yours to keep and can be used whenever you’d like an additional whitening.
- Whitening gel is placed into the tray and then fitted onto your teeth
- Your doctor will show you how to perform additional applications of the gel at home.