A Bridge to Success
Missing teeth can affect both the confidence you have in your appearance and your overall dental health. It’s a common dental condition that can occur due to injury, dental decay or aging. Luckily, there are several solutions to give you back a radiant smile and keep your oral health on track. A dental bridge is a common treatment that replaces missing teeth. Unlike dentures, it’s a fixed restoration and will last 10–15 years with proper care and regular checkups.
Today’s modern dentistry has made bridges more effective than ever at replacing missing teeth. A dental bridge allows patients to:
- Eat and chew food as you would with your natural teeth — Dental bridges give you back normal eating function.
- Speak clearly — Missing teeth can cause you to mumble or slur words.
- Enjoy a solution that looks and feels like natural teeth — The bridge is matched to the size and color of your natural teeth so people won’t even notice they aren’t the teeth you were born with.
- Maintain position of remaining teeth — Missing teeth can cause your jaw to deteriorate, which may result in your other teeth shifting out of place. The dental bridge keeps your natural teeth in place, especially those used to support the bridge on either side of the gap.
- Easily care for their restoration — Unlike dentures, bridges are cemented into place and provide a stable and secure fit. You don’t have to take them out to clean; they are convenient and easy to care for.
If you would like to explore options for restoring your smile due to missing teeth, Brown & Kupper, DDS is happy to help you with dental bridges in West Chester, OH and the surrounding area. Please call our office at 513-370-5991 to schedule a consultation.