Dental Implants: A Long-Lasting Dental Solution
Tooth loss can be a devastating occurrence because it affects both your appearance and the way your teeth function. Whether it’s due to injury, illness or aging, you shouldn’t have to live with gaps in your teeth. Advancements in dental implants have made them one of the most popular treatments for tooth loss due to their long-term success rate. If you’re suffering from one or more missing teeth, implants are an effective way to restore the look and function of your teeth.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant acts like a tooth root and is a titanium post that is positioned surgically into the jaw bone. A replacement tooth, or crown, is then placed on top of the implant. Patients opt for this procedure over a bridge or dentures because of the durability and freedom it gives them. Benefits of implants include:
- Permanence — Implants are a fixed, permanent part of your mouth once they are placed. Unlike dentures, you don’t have the inconvenience of having to take them out for routine care.
- Look and feel — Implants look and function like your natural teeth. People will hardly notice that you have them.
- Freedom to eat what you like — No need to avoid certain foods, implants are durable and strong.
- Improved speech — Missing teeth and dentures can cause you to slur your speech or mumble.
- A success rate of 98% — With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you have one or more missing teeth, have a bridge that needs to be replaced, or are tired of dentures that keep slipping or keeping you from eating what you want, dental implants could be an option for you. Your dentist will also need to determine whether your gums are healthy and you have enough bone to hold the implant.
We are happy to help patients in West Chester, Ohio and the surrounding area determine if dental implants are a fit for their specific dental needs. Please call our office to schedule a consultation.